- Vaishno Helicopter Service Information
About Vaishno Devi
Mata Vaishno Devi Temple is one of the most visited pilgrimage centers in India. It is located on the Trikuta Mountain at a height of 5,300 ft. The Vaishno Devi Mandir is one of the holiest Hindu temples dedicated to Shakti, located in the hill of Vaishno Devi, Jammu and Kashmir, India. In Hinduism, Vaishno Devi, also known as Mata Rani and Vaishnavi, is a manifestation of the Mother Goddess. The shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi witnesses thousands of devotees arrive all through the year irrespective of the difficulties faced by them. The Yatra begins at Katra and pilgrims have to cover 13 km. of terrain on foot to reach the Darbar. Popular belief holds that anybody who walks the Himalayan trail to the shrine rarely goes back disappointed. A super natural power seems to draw them through the mountain and they climb up those great heights step by step.
How to reach Katra?
Located at a distance of 50 kilometres, the Jammu airport is the nearest to Katra. Jammu is well-connected with major airports in India. It’s easy to get a cab from the Jammu airport to Katra as regular taxi and cab services are available.
Jammu and Kashmir State Road Transport Corporation buses operate to and from Jammu to Katra at regular intervals. Air-conditioned private deluxe buses and taxis are also available from Jammu to Katra.
The nearest railway station from Katra is the Katra railway station. Taxi and cab services are available from the Katra railway station to Katra.
How to go for Vaishno Devi Darshan from Katra
For Vaishno Devi Darshan you have to go by tracking, Palkis, Ponis and Pithoos or Helicopter. First you have to take yatra parchi and then you have to start you journey.
Walking for 12-13 Kms. can be arduous and tiring for those not used to it. Still many pilgrims prefer to walk all the way. It helps in cleansing their minds before they reach the Holy Shrine. The tiredness and exhaustion of the trek serve as penances and their minds become still, meditative, full of devotion and gratitude for the Mother. The serenity of the environment also influences the devotees and a mystical calm starts enveloping them.
Palkis, Ponis and Pithoos
The Pony, Porter and Palanquin services are managed by the local/under a municipal committee organizing the local municipal affairs. All these porters, pony owners and palanquin (palki) owners are registered with municipal committee and carry an identity card/token number. Their cards/permits are renewed every year and new cards carrying a fresh validity date are issued. Any card that is outside the scope of this validity date is naturally invalid and hence disqualifies its owners from offering services on the track. Many unregistered Pithus tend to show their old and invalid cards to get work. Yatries are advised to carefully scan the identity card/token of the porter/pony owner and satisfy themselves about its validity. It is also advisable to retain this identity card and handover the same only after satisfactorily reaching the destination.
Helicopter services start from Katra on the foothills and the flight will drop you at Sanjhichatt. This visit to the sacred Shrine, enveloped by the clouds is the beginning of a breathtaking heli-hop.
1.Check-in Katra Helipad:- Reach at your reporting time. Reporting time is not to be confused with boarding time. After reporting at the helipad, boarding shall be done up to 1 hour after reporting at the helipad
2. Katra Helipad To Sanjichhat Helipad:- On landing at Sanjichhat, same day return passengers must show their return boarding pass/return tickets to Shrine Board staff to obtain priority darshan slips.
3. Sanjichhat Helipad To Bhawan:- Bhawan is at a distance of 2.5 kms from Sanjichhat helipad. It is a 30 to 40 minutes walk. Palkies, ponies and porter facilities are available at Sanjichhat.
4. Darshan :- It will take you approx. 45 minutes to complete your darshan.
5. Bhawan To Sanjichhat Helipad :- 30 to 40 minutes walk.
6. Check-in Sanjichhat Helipad:- Reporting time for your return flight will be issued at katra helipad. Passngers have to report as per the reporting time allowted to them. Reporting time is not to be confused with boarding time. After reporting at the helipad, boarding shall be done up to 1 hour after reporting at the helipad.
7. Sanjichhat Helipad - Katra Helipad:- 4 minute flight.
Guideline for Travel By Helicopter
- Helicopter Ticket Booking starts advance 60 days and you can book up to 4 days before of travel of availability.
- Helicopter ticekts are 4 types:-
- a. Katra to Sanjhichatt one way.
- b. Katra to Sanjhichatt same day return.
- c. Katra to Sanjhichatt next day return.
- d. Sanjhichatt to Katra one way.
Note:- The above written content is only for the providing information to pilgrims not for any other purpose. We try to give correct information but if information will be wrong or rules will be changed we are not responsible.